ENTIRE AREA IS 'DRY'
* As long as you are at least 21 years old, it is not illegal to possess beverages or drink in private.
* All beverages being transported must not be opened, in sealed containers.
* It is illegal to operate a motorboat or PWC while intoxicated due to alcohol, drugs or combination thereof.
* Persons that have a BAC of 0.08% or greater are considered intoxicated. You may also be arrested if your BAC is less than
0.08% but over 0.05% if an officer considers your actions and thought impaired or that you otherwise pose a danger to others.
* Indiana law prescribes fines and jail times for those who violate state BUI laws. Convictions could have points assessed on
your driver's license and boat operating privileges may be revoked.
* By operating a vessel on Indiana waters, you have consented to submit to a chemical test if requested by law enforcement
personnel. Refusal to submit to a chemical test for BAC may result in increased penalties upon conviction.
* Be very nice to officers, don't act intoxicated, to increase the chance of your day remaining pleasant. DON'T EVEN THINK
ABOUT OPERATING YOUR BOAT WHILE DRINKING An arrest and trip to the local jail could be the very least of the
results. NOTE: This info should be considered informational. It does not contain legal language, but rather is an intrepretation
of laws and practices. For specifics, you are advised to contact legal authorities.